Explore the hidden secrets of the Venice Lagoon with this tour of Lio Piccolo and Lio Maggiore. And if we’re lucky, we’ll see the majestic pink flamingos that settle here. The places along the way will reveal the real character of the Lagoon.
After your arrival at BikeMeHub and a delicious cup of artisan coffee, your guide will give you your first briefing to illustrate the route.
We will then set out from the Hub along the Green Way cycle path, following the banks of the River Sile and, after about 50 km, we will get to Lio Maggiore, one of the best-kept secrets of the Venice Lagoon. There you will enjoy a romantic aperitif at the sunset!
Today we will cycle from Lio Maggiore to Lio Piccolo, a lovely fishing village and home to the beautiful pink flamingos. After a typical lunch where you will get the chance to try ‘castraura’, a small purple artichoke that only grows in this tiny area of the lagoon, we will continue along the pretty roads that run between the sandbanks and the small fishing valleys.
After a good breakfast, we will come back.
- Welcome briefing at the BikeMeHub
- Certified bike tour guide for the whole holiday
- Accommodation on an eco-sustainable farm with breakfast
- Typical lunches
- Dinners with locally sourced produce on the farm (beverages included)
- Lagoon boat trip
- Luggage transfer
- Transfer back to OpenDream
- E-bike rental
- Private parking at our BikeMeHub
- City tax
- Basic medical and baggage insurance including coverage of COVID-19 hospitalisation costs
- Open Experience gadget
- Transfer Tourist Office/BikeMeHub/Tourist Office
- Private tour manager for custom experiences
- Holiday cancellation insurance
- The price includes everything listed in the “INCLUDED” section only